Email is still a critical tool for businesses. But it’s also a preferred delivery method for ransomware, phishing, and compromise attacks in 2017. According to the 2017 Verizon DBIR report 66% of installed malware was delivered via email.
Industry analysts warn that advanced threats are easily bypassing the traditional signature- and reputation-based prevention mechanisms. They recommend replacing incumbent secure email gateways with a product tailored for advanced threat defense. It can also consolidate email infrastructure, such as data loss protection (DLP) and encryption.
Fortinet Email Security prevents threats from reaching the end user, protects sensitive data from inadvertent loss, and helps comply with corporate and regulatory requirements. The FortiMail Secure Email Gateway includes:
- Consistently demonstrated 99%+ anti-spam effectiveness
- Top-rated anti-malware protection (including sandboxing and content disarm capabilities)
- Robust DLP features, including predefined dictionaries, identifiers, and digital fingerprinting
- Identity-based encryption to securely deliver messages containing sensitive data
- Integrated email archiving to meet legal and regulatory retention requirements
- ICSA Advanced Threat Defense for Email Certification
- NSS Labs Recommended Breach Prevention
- Virus Bulletin VBSpam+ rating
FortiMail routinely undergoes independent testing, earning consistent accolades such as:
FortiMail is a complete solution available on-premises as a physical or virtual appliance, as well as in the cloud as a hosted service or on-demand offering in AWS or Microsoft Azure.