Data Loss Prevention
Data loss can happen anytime, anywhere; whether from an employee sending data out with an e-mail message, or simply by plugging in a USB flash drive and copying the data. A typical scenario is a resigning employee copying company assets for personal or malicious use. Data leaks can come from:
- Desktops, for example CD drives, USB flash drives;
- E-mail attachments;
- Instant messaging;
- Smart phones, and
Laws that make your business liable for data protection, governance and privacy have made it even more essential that you plug the leaks.
- Step 1 – Define your data types;
- Step 2 – List all possible actions on that data;
- Step 3 – Compile a policy, and
- Step 4 – Speak with GWC today and we can work out a solution, with you, to protect your valuable company assets, confidential data and customer information from accidental and/or deliberate disclosure.